Sunday, June 29, 2014

10 Daily Habits of Exceptionally Happy People

If you get decent value from making to-do lists, you'll get huge returns -- in productivity, in improved relationships, and in your personal well-being -- from adding these items to your not to-do list: Every day, make these commitments to yourself. I promise your day – and your life – will go a little better.
  
1. "I will not blame other people – for anything."

Employees make mistakes. Vendors don't deliver on time. Potential customers never sign. You blame them for your problems.

But you are also to blame. Maybe you didn't provide enough training, build in enough of a buffer, or asked for too much too soon. Take responsibility when things go wrong instead of blaming others -- then you focus on doing things better or smarter next time. And when you get better or smarter, you also get happier.

2. "I will not check my phone while I'm talking to someone."

You've looked away. You’ve done the, "Wait, let me answer this text..." thing. Maybe you didn't even say, "Wait." You just stopped talking, stopped paying attention, and did it. Want to be that person everyone loves because they make you feel, when they're talking to you, like you're the most important person in the world? Stop checking your phone. Other people will feel better about you – and you’ll feel better about yourself.

3."I will not multitask during a meeting."

The easiest way to be the smartest person in the room is to be the person who pays the most attention to the room. You'll be amazed by what you can learn, both about the topic of the meeting and about the people in the meeting if you stop multitasking and start paying close attention. You'll flush out and understand hidden agendas, you'll spot opportunities to build bridges, and you'll find ways to make yourself indispensable to the people who matter.

4."I will not interrupt."

Interrupting isn't just rude. When you interrupt someone what you're really saying is, "I'm not listening to you so I can understand what you're saying; I'm listening to you so I can decide what I want to say." Want people to like you? Listen to what they say. Focus on what they say. Ask questions to make sure you understand what they say. They'll love you for it -- and you'll love how that makes you feel.

Read the full article online...



No comments:

Post a Comment